New Song’s Mens (MOVA)
NEW SONG’S MEN’S MINISTRY, ALSO KNOWN AS MEN OF VALUABLE ACTION (MOVA), has a focus on discipling men to empower them to become all God has designed them to be. To achieve our purpose, we engage men in a number of interactive formats. We value every man’s experience and see social, cultural, or emotional impediments as opportunities for us to serve one another.
THE STRUGGLES OF MEN ARE COMPLEX
Some men are just having a hard time being a loving husband and/or father. Some are battling addictions and others have criminal records that are prohibitive to their finding gainful employment. Working with the other ministries in the church, we say to our men in word and deed, functionally and emotionally, we care about you.
WHY IS OUTREACH TO MEN AND FATHERS IMPORTANT?
There are men who have succumb to the challenges of life and have a distorted view of what it means to be a man. The good news is the Lord redeems and restores! We believe that every man has a God given desire to improve himself, take care of his family, and to live out God‘s plan for their life. We are here to feed that desire responsibly.
- Reduce the recidivism rate for Sandtown by 20%.
- Place a heavy emphasis on the need for spiritual awareness. Jesus Christ died for our sins so that we will have salvation, and to enjoy life on this earth more abundantly.
We encourage all who have a heart to join us in helping our men.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Fresh Fridays is an opportunity for fathers and their children to relax and have fun together on Friday evenings. To find out where and when, use the contact information at the bottom of this page.
YOU CAN SUPPORT THE MINISTRY:
We encourage all who have a heart to join us in helping our men. We need:
- Volunteers with good admin and record keeping skills
- Volunteers for our Friday evening events
- Financial donations towards fatherhood initiatives i.e. events
- Prayers warriors to provide prayers for MOVA
JOIN, VOLUNTEER OR GET MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: